CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

8.27.2008

Fashion Week Comes to Detroit

Laaaddiieess! I have big news :) (big to me). I have been chosen as the Volunteer Coordinator for Detroit Fashion Week.



I was able to land the position by emailing the leading staff of the production and luckily, this job became available! Initially, I was only interested in being a volunteer....I wanted a piece of the action, and I wanted to share my experience with you all!! I can't express how ecstatic I am! This is a great way to get my foot in the door! I'll be able to mix and mingle with local designers from Detroit, some from Chicago, and a couple from NYC. >>>LUCKY<<<>

I realize that Detroit never crosses your mind when you think 'Fashion'. In fact, most think that they will be a.) shot dead upon crossing city limits, b.) robbed upon crossing city limits, or c.) BOTH (none of which is true). BUT one thing I can say is that my people are most definitely fashionable....swaggerific to say the least. lol. You've probably heard of the city referred to as the Gator Capital, but we have so much more to offer....we have some great shopping districts, malls, and boutiques. People sleep on 'The D', but all we can do is show...talk is cheap!!!!


_duece, deuce ladies!!!!

5 comments:

Jamila said...

Congrats to you! I can't wait to see your pics!

yummy411 said...

congrats!! can't wait to hear all about your experience!

Alyssia said...

thanks ladies!

Ms.Brandi said...

Hi, I was at dtw also. Thanks for the comment on my pic. LOL :)

Ms.Brandi said...

Hello,Thanks for the comment. I was also one of the artist at dfw.I wonder if I saw you.